GoTrack EZ Alert: What Is It and How Do You Set It Up?
The EZ Alert allows you to create a notification of the next movement with just one click! To access this alert follow these steps:
- Go to the Overview tab
- Under the map click on the name of the device. This will display a pop-up box for that device.
- In the pop-up box, click “EZ Alert”
- The display should now read “EZ Alert has been set”
- This means the next time that device moves, you will be notified.
- This alert is good for the next movement after it has been set. After the device moves, you will need to set the EZ Alert again if you wish to be alerted on the next movement
“GPS Unit Disconnected” Alert
You may see an alert under the Detail Activity report that says “GPS Unit Disconnected” and wonder what that means. This alert generally means the unit has been manually pulled out, knocked loose by a driver entering or exiting the vehicle, the cigarette lighter fuse is blow, or the vehicle battery is dead. To access the Detailed Activity report in order to further diagnose why you are receiving this alert – follow these steps:
- Click the Reports tab
- Select the device you want to view
- Click Detailed Activity
- This will bring up the report for the current day. From here you can select a different date from the drop down. If you change the date, be sure to click “Go” to bring up the report for that day.
- Under Event Type, look for GPS Unit Disconnected
- If you see this event type, one of several things may have happened.
- The Vehicle’s Cigarette Lighter Fuse may have blown,
- the driver may have unplugged the unit intentionally,
- the unit may have been knocked loose unintentionally, or
- the vehicles battery may be dead.
- Contact the driver of the vehicle and have them double check to see if the unit is properly installed, and that the vehicle battery has sufficient power.