How To Install Your OBDII Unit With a Y-Cable
One of the GPS tracking devices we offer at GoTrack offers is the Y-Cable. This cable can seem complicated to install, but below is a short walk-through on how to begin tracking with your Y-Cable unit:
1. Read the letter enclosed in your package and remove Y-Cable unit from the box.
2. Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle.
3. Unhook the OBD-II port from the dash.
4. Replace one end of the Y-Cable back where your OBD-II port was located at.
5. Plug the remaining end of the Y-Cable into the vehicle’s OBD-II port.
6. Plug the GoTrack EZ unit into the remaining portion of the Y-Cable.
7. Secure your OBD-II port and the GoTrack EZ unit back behind the plastic dash with zip-ties.
8. Login* to your account and you’re ready to start tracking your vehicle!
Please view our instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wyXI-QEh6o
*If you became a customer of ours after January 1, 2018, your login website is login.gotrack.com, and if you became a customer prior to this date, your login website is ez.gotrack.com.
Contact GoTrack for Other Useful Tracking Options!
Have questions about how these features work and want to know more about what GoTrack GPS units can do for you? Contact us today! Just give our office a call at 1-800-772-2885 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly associates will provide you with all the information you need!